Watch this space for 2014 dates and registration details!
Did you know that William Styron put the finishing touches on Sophie’s Choice while vacationing on Salt Cay, Bahamas? Or that Anne Morrow Lindbergh worked on Gift From The Sea on Salt Cay as well?
Now you too can practice your craft on this beautiful private Bahamian island. While the Salt Cay Writers Retreat curriculum is particularly suited for advanced literary and upmarket commercial fiction writers, memorists and narrative non-fiction writers, any author who wishes to take their writing to the next level is welcome to join us for a memorable week of writing and instruction October 20-26.
Imagine a faculty of #1 New York Times bestselling authors, top editors from the most prestigious publishers, and prominent literary agents. Add a sunset dinner cruise, swimming with dolphins as part of the curriculum, island feasts with local entertainment. Finish with plenty of time to write in a beautiful, secluded, relaxing, and inspiring setting.
With 65 students and 10 faculty members, the Salt Cay Writers Retreat focuses on craft at an MFA level in a non-academic setting.
CLICK HERE to see the 2013 detailed program schedule.
Salt Cay Writers Retreat highlights:
- Privately owned island with a unique literary history
- Individualized instruction from New York Times bestselling authors, top editors and literary agents
- Dolphin swim
- Scheduled writing time
- All sleeping rooms are suites – share a room with a friend, or bring your spouse or family
- Complimentary guest access to Atlantis Resort & Casino
- Free or deeply discounted activities for families, including water park, kayaks, dolphin and sea lion encounters, snorkeling, scuba-diving, and much more
- Sunset dinner cruise around Nassau harbor
- Closing festivities including authentic Bahamian feast with entertainment